It has been a while since I have written a From the Heart blog post, we have been blogging over 3 months now and WOW!! So many things have happened since then. I want to talk a little about how my life has changed, I haven’t really had anything I felt I needed to get out of my head until now. This entire experience has been a whirlwind to say the very least. Lately I have been feeling very overwhelmed with my emotions, and I just want to thank so many people. I am going to do a big shout out at the bottom because I feel like some people have made this journey so amazing. I just everyone to know how much I appreciate them… and it’s going to be immortalized on the internet!! HAHA!!
1. I have met some absolutely fan-fucking-tastic people. A lot virtually, but I honestly feel closer to some of them than people I have known in “real life”. We connect over things that most wouldn’t understand, and that is so insanely amazing. I talk to them almost everyday, I have met them at book signings (that’s a whole other topic) and they have become a part of my life. Some are bloggers, some are authors who I love like family.
2. Humbling experiences happen every SINGLE day. We get messages from authors thanking us, just for talking about what we love!! We LOVE BOOKS! For any of you to reach out to Jesey and I and tell us that you appreciate us.. SHIT.. We appreciate you!! MORE THAN YOU KNOW!! You give our lives so much and you have don’t even really get it. You have NO IDEA that your stories give us so much more than we can ever give you. So please don’t thank us (well you can if you want ;) ) because we love you and we love this so much!!
We love that they make us feel things like, love (K. Bromberg & Gail McHugh), pain (E.K. Blair & Jasinda Wilder), frustration (Aleatha Romig & K.A. Linde), and happiness (Leah Raeder & Emma Chase). Just some of my most memorable books that I swear I am still reeling from some a full year later!!
3. OUR FANS FUCKING ROCK!!! I mean seriously WE HAD NO CLUE that we would ever and I mean EVER have had the following we have now. You can not even BEGIN to understand how humbling it is for us when we gain even just ONE fan. It makes it feel like we aren’t talking to ourselves..lol YOU are the reason we post something EVERY SINGLE DAY.. YOU are the reason that we miss sleep, time with our families, and keep us reading. Trust me there are times I would rather just shut things down, but then we get a message from one of you guys telling us how much you loved a book we recommended and we are like HELL YEAH whats next on our calendar.
4. There are so many more good things and right now my head is spinning as I type this because I am almost in tears thinking about all of this, and my emotions that are all over the place.. But just know there are so many ways that this has changed ME and my life! When we thought “ok let’s try it” we had absolutely NO IDEA that we would ever feel like this. The SIGNINGS OMG I wanted to talk about that ok…so our first event was New York City signing and Jesey and I were on such a fangirl high meeting our favorite authors. THEN you guys were coming up to us and saying you knew us. Well I almost pee’d myself , Jesey and I looked at each other thinking ummmm REALLY?? OMG people know us????!?!??!?! AHHHHH!! Then I went to Vegas to the Naughty Mafia signing and HOLY SHIT if I thought that I was humbled in NYC umm yeah.. I had people coming up to me, hugging me, asking me to SIGN BOOKS??? I am a freaking blogger, but you know what I love you, and I love that maybe some how some way I touched your life with a book. Please know that you touch mine EVERY SINGLE DAY!!
I HEART YOUR FACES!! BIG TIME!!
So the downside I guess is the best way to say it..lol
1. Well as I stated in the good part I am kinda slacking on the family side. Reading books is amazing and I love every single second (well of the good books) but I often have my nose in the iPad or the computer. It takes A LOT of work to run a blog. Setting up posts, scheduling, answering emails, messages, posting on Facebook. It is so much fun, but it takes time. I have my husband and kids who want my attention and finding that balance has been really difficult for me. For example right now.. LOL I am writing a blog post about being a shitty wife and mother.. Ironic right??? However, that being said, they get it. They get that this fills me up and gives me a sense of something I was missing before. Crazy I know but we don’t get paid for this!! Yes we are Amazon Affiliates so when you click on our cute little links and buy a book off our site we get a percentage of that but you know all those AMAZING Giveaways we do?? Yup every penny goes back into the blog, so we can continue to bring you all these fun things. (To those who do keep clicking THANK YOU!!) xoxo It is sometimes way more time than we thought, but that is partially my fault. I could step back and not post as much, or not do these crazy things, but that is not who Jesey and I are. We don’t do anything half assed!
2. Some drama.. Now, we are a drama free site. I refuse to be involved in it, it’s so not the place for it.. This is books people, lets all stop the crap! I have had some author talk shit about us because of whatever her fucking reason is, and it CHAPS MY ASS, but I haven’t gone all crazy on Facebook. The thing about this community is we are all friends, we talk, we support each other. However, we are adults. We aren’t writing nasty reviews about this author, or acting like infants because you know what?? IT DOESN’T MATTER… I am still going to blog, I am still going to read, and I am still going to be me, just don’t be stupid enough to ask me to share! Lol… If you would like to talk about me and belittle me go right on ahead!! I am ok with that, because it’s about the books for me and Jesey! It is just not worth it. As my saying goes…
3. I think this is the worst part, writing a bad review. I hate it..hate it more than I can even say. First, I hate that I read the book, because I have so many on my TBR that it irks me I spent time dealing with it. Secondly, I hate that I now have to tell everyone that I hated it. It is an awful feeling when you are going to tell someone that something they created sucks. It is hard!! At first I though, “Pssssh I will just write how I feel and be done” umm no!! Sorry Amy, not true. You get SICK over it. You literally want to vomit. To tell an author that you couldn’t finish their work blows ass!! I don’t even know how to describe it but it isn’t good!! As a rule we post our negative reviews on Goodreads, we exclude them off the blog, we are re-evaluating that all the time. I am sure we will change our minds again because we hear you when you ask us and we won’t ever lie.
Honestly, the good outweigh the bad. We love this…we breathe books…so for me, this gives me life! I can’t fully describe it, but my husband finally saw when we were in Vegas. He could appreciate the extreme dedication we all give, and he saw my entire world light up. I LOVE this blog. This is my heart poured out. When I go on and on about a book it is because it meant something to me.
It touched my heart and yes..
I get a little crazed when I am screaming… ↓ and you don’t listen..lol But its ok because I will keep screaming!
I just wanted to end with this. A BIG ASS THANK YOU!! Thank you for liking, commenting, sharing, posting, emailing, messaging, smoke signaling and any other form of communication that you reach us. We read them, we thank you.
Now I want to thank some friends who have made this ENTIRE journey more than I could ever have hoped for.. (if your not named please please forgive me because I promise I am just a hot mess writing this..lol)
My Schmexy Book Girls- Oh WHAT the hell do I say??? There are really no fucking words. There is not a single word to describe the deep love and appreciation I have for you women. When we started the blog you were our biggest supporters. You commented, liked, shared all the time. You gave us life and for that I am indebted to you. I love that even after a shitty day, I can log into this slice of my heart and talk to you. Sometimes I think we amaze ourselves with the things we talk about, but seriously you are like sisters to me.
Cara – A Book Whores Obsession – OMG I love your face!! You crack me up, you talk me through anything, your my partner in crime!!! I blog you!! I love our twitter shenanigans and all of the trouble we tend to cause..I love that I can say “hey wanna do this?” and there is no competition, no drama, just love for OUR books. We joke, laugh, and you are the epitome of what bloggers should be!!
Lisa – True Story Book Blog – Seriously I am so beyond blessed to have met you in NYC. You have no idea how much I value the time we have hung out and how you have helped me with little things that have improved how I approach things so much! XOXOXO! You are a friend to me who has a heart of gold.
Rose & Lisa– You crack me the hell up and seriously I can not even stop laughing when Bren does a high five.. I almost died laughing last night when he did it! I just shook my head and went to text you both! He just looks at me and says “go ahead text them”
Jess/Faith (LMAO), Trish/Mint- my alter ego crazy asses! I swear there are people who you meet in life because you are supposed to! You guys are that for me. I laugh, cry, and so much more with you guys. I love our crazy IMs, and texts. I just am so freaking happy I met you because of this crazy ass blog!! I heart your faces BIG TIME!!
Gail, Emmy, Kyla, Kristy, Laura, Faith, Livia– You have NO idea what it means to me that you took time out of your lives to talk to me, to join our little group for a month and give us a piece of your hearts. You were willing to talk with us, listen to some of our rants and then our fangirl. Even after your month or whatever you stayed, you still laugh with us, I swear it BLOWS MY MIND!! I mean seriously!! There are no amount of words or sentiment I can give you to understand the gratitude I have to you all. You are all Schmexy Bitches!! xoxo
If you are an author and you send us stuff we can’t always share, if we haven’t read your book it is hard for us to share because we have no idea if its something we would want to read. This is a trust that I feel we have earned with our fans. Neither one of us take that lightly, so we had to make a choice, if we read it and we like it, guess what we will share the shit out of your book!!
Ok so the ending of this crazy rant post is this. I love this blog, I love you all, and I love books. I feel there is no comparison to how much I have gained from this entire process. I have made mistakes, but I have learned from those. The appreciation that I have for fellow bloggers is beyond anything. The time they spend trying to keep up with links, promos, tours, schedules it is humbling to me. I read your blog posts. I subscribe to some of you. I like your pages, and comment because you know what..you fill my newsfeed and I love it!! I don’t ever feel like it is a competition because we all read different books at different time, we all rate different, and I love that we have a place that made reading cool again. So from the bottom of my heart I love you and thank you. Thank you for reading this post too!!! I always try to respond to every From the Heart comment so if you leave one I hope we can chat!!