Hey Schmexilicious fans!!
I can’t believe we are 9 months into the year already!!! CRAZY!! We get asked all the time for our TOP 5, our absolute MUST read, the haul yourself into a closet and die if you didn’t read books. I know a little dramatic but that is how we feel about these books. Of course, you know we never stick to the rules so prepare for the fact that we probably will add more than 5 because, well…we can…and we all find books that blow our minds. We each had our own top 5 and realized that there were LOTS more that we could add-on and LOTS that overlapped! Sooooo as I stated above, we aren’t known for following the rules, we ended up with 4 separate lists.. HAHA!! WE WIN! Below you have the Schmexy Girls Top 5, Amy’s Personal Top 5, Jesey’s Personal Top 5, and Trish’s Personal Top 5!!
Click on the cover photo to go to Amazon if you haven’t read these and 1-click them!!
We have two number ones (remember we’re rule breakers)! Here is the deal, we each had our number 1 & 2 in the opposite place BUT we all agreed it could go either way! So we have TWO number 1 Must Reads. This enabled us to add another one on the list because well we couldn’t NOT have a number 5…Right??
1. Driven/Fueled Series by K. Bromberg – This was a NO BRAINER for Amy’s top choice and this was Jesey’s & Trish’s number 2!! This series ROCKED OUR WORLDS.. Do you like dirty talking CEOs? Do you like CEOs who are also athletes? Do you like hot sex, strong women, and amazing writing? Well then strap yourself in and be prepared to get Driven.
Note from Amy: I LOVED this series. I can not even begin to tell you!! If you follow us you have seen the Colton photos and the FUELED trailer I made. If you haven’t then I am going to have to post more about my love for this book. You know how we talk about book boyfriends/book husbands on the blog a lot? Colton Donavan is my Book Husband! I love him!! This is a series, Driven is book 1 and Fueled is book 2, the third book is being written #WriteKristyWrite !!
Note from Jesey: After Amy practically begging me to read this series I was finally able to squeeze them in. And OMG am I glad that I did! I am still working on Fueled but I absolutely LOVE what I am reading!
Note from Trish: Yes this was a series that Amy told me was a must read. She said it in CAPS!!! But I was not expecting Colton Donovan to come racing out and take hold of my every thought. This book slammed me hard and will be added to my re read list. Amy and I are currently in a battle over who Colton belongs to. Truth, she seems to be winning!
1. Collide/Pulse Series by Gail McHugh - Another easy choice for us!! Jesey’s #1 & Trish’s #1 and Amy’s #2, seriously when you ask two psycho readers for their top 2 and they both pick this then you need to read it!
Note from Amy: I read Collide when it first released, and fell head over heals in love with Gavin. My heart ached in this book, I cried ugly tears. I love this series and I love how much it affected me.
Note from Jesey: Each time I think about these books my heart begins to ache. I could not get enough of Gavin. The love, the hurt, it all stays with you. I could read these books over and over again.
Note from Trish: Gavin Blake took the world by storm with this series. Gail McHugh, that woman has a talent. At times, I had to put these books down because my heart was racing. When an author can bring on physical pain then you know you must have something special. By far one of my favorite series and because of these books, I will forever keep bottle caps, the Yankees and Molly near and dear to my Heart! Oh and green minivans! Holla!
Pulse –> Review
Note from Amy: Oh Fifty!! I love you and I thank you for being my first book boyfriend and allowing me to feel Schmexy again (Click here for our first From the Heart)
Note from Jesey: I have been reading romance books for years however NOTHING prepared me to read a series like this! I was immersed in Christian and Ana’s story, staying up all night just to keep on reading. I even had my husband reading with me because it was just that awesome. Fifty is what re-sparked my love for the genre, and then some
Note from Trish: Fifty is my baby. It was my intro into this world of Smut! For me, Christian will always be my book “Husband”. I read this trilogy nine times in a row and can dissect these books inside and out. In my opinion, this series was not about the whipping, flogging or the BDSM (well some of it, wink); it was the love story. It was about the evolution of a man named Grey! Don’t get me started on Fifty, I can go all day!
3. Thoughtless/Effortless/Reckless by S.C. Stephens - KELLAN!!! OHHHHHH!!!! This was our first book club read and some of us have still not been able to get KK out of our heads.. Such a great series. Kiera is well…Kiera, and drove us bat shit crazy but Kellan is worth the book hangover!
Note from Amy: I HEART KK!! He is in my top 5 and I literally remember the first time I read this book. I was on my way to a baseball game and was SOBBING in the back seat. OMG break my heart and then rip me to shreds. I love this series, the last book I wasn’t in love with but Thoughtless and Effortless *sigh*
Note from Jesey: My heart still breaks a little bit each time I think about Kellan and Kiera’s story. I have recommended this book so many times that I have lost count. This is a definite must read for me.
Note from Trish: First off, D-Bag groupie for life baby! My heart actually Hurt reading all 3 books. I had such conflicting feelings about all the characters as I read. And as much as I love Kellan and Kiera (yes I loved her!), I think I actually fell in love with Denny more. I was always Team Denny! This series broke me first, then slowly put me back together. It was MINT!!
Thoughtless –> Review
4. Avoiding Commitment/Avoiding Responsibility by K.A. Linde - We read this for our book of the month 2 months ago. Amy read it way before and recommended we could all use a little angst. Boy does K.A. love to provide you with angst!! Such a twist and turn series, one that will leave with a lot of WHAT THE F&^%$ is going on??? It’s so gooooooooooood!!
Note from Amy: Oh what do I say ummm oh I KNOW #TEAMRAMSEY #PEPPERMINTPOSSE Yup I love this series.. I love that it is the first series I threw my damn kindle because of… I have never been so PISSED but I love it. I love that K.A. continues to eff with our heads and I know that I will shatter the kindle if she goes with Jack or god only knows what she has planned…. I am having anxiety just thinking about it!!
Note from Jesey: This was the first series that really MESSED with my head! K.A. drove me up a flipping wall with the back and forth, up and down…I couldn’t take it yet I couldn’t stop reading. I am #TEAMRAMSEY alongside Amy…..Jack would have to do work SUPER hard to win me back. I am filled with anxiety as I type this just thinking about where this story will go!!!!
Note from Trish: I haven’t read it but thanks to these two its on the TBR
Avoiding Commitment–> Review
Avoiding Responsibility –> Review
5. REAL by Katy Evans – This was another late night call each other saying DID YOU READ THIS BOOK??? Remy is damaged and amazing and sexy and just delicious!!!
Note from Amy: REAL was the first support group I ever joined, and holy crap did I need it after I finished. I love Remy and Brooke!! Such an AWESOME book!!!!
Note from Jesey: Remy, Remy, Remy….*swoon* I absolutely loved Remy and Brooke…this is a book that I think I read straight through! I love fighters and Remy is my #1
Note from Trish: Real for me, was intense. Like really intense! and HOT, smokin HOT! Remy went through so much just to get Brooke’s attention, on top of his own struggles…And I will agree with Jesey, He is definitely my Number 1 Fighter!! I’ll stand ring side for Remy any day!
REAL –> Review
1. The Blackstone Affair by Raine Miller – Oh Ethan Blackstone!! I read Naked in one day! I couldn’t put it down like AT ALL!! I love Brynne and I love this series and I think everyone should read it because it is hot and makes me want to move to England!!
Eyes Wide Open –> Review (Spotlight on all of the books)
2. Fading & Freeing by E.K. Blair – This book left me shattered and emotionally raw. I was unable to read for about 4 days. This book has some difficult subject matter but it is a beautifully heartbreaking story that I think everyone should read. LOVED this book, just absolutely amazing!!
Fading –> Review
3. Consequences & Truth by Aleatha Romig – This is not your typical romance book, it is dark and amazing. It is a psychological thriller that will leave you confused and yet yearning for more. The crazy twists and turns left me frayed and I couldn’t even begin to imagine how I was going to review it, but I will just say to read it, and then maybe it will make sense.
Consequences –> Review
Truth –> Review
Convicted –> Review
4. Inside Out Series by Lisa Renee Jones – I talk about this series all the time. It has suspense, mystery, HOT FREAKING SEX, and so so much more. Chris Merit is one of my top book boyfriends. I laughed, I cried, I panted… I HIGHLY RECOMMEND! All of my friends who have read this have thanked me.. it’s really good!!
If I Were You –> Review
Being Me –> Review
The Master Undone –> Review
Revealing Us –> Review
5. This Man Trilogy by Jodi Ellen Malpas - Three…Two.. One.. Zero baby… Now go 1-click this and get trampled by The Lord!! Enough said!
This Man –> Review
1. Off Series by Sawyer Bennett - I instantly fell in love with this series from the first book that I read. The books can be read in order, as each new book builds off of characters from previous stories. You can also read each one as a standalone without missing anything, but what is the fun in that!?
Off Sides–> Review
Off Limits–> Review
Off the Record–> Review
Off Course–> Review
2. Disastrous Series by E.L. Montes - Disastrous and Cautious are wonderful stories! They are full of love, loss, and double lives. Marcus and Mia are amazing together, in every way. Don’t miss out on these!
Disastrous –> Review
Cautious –> Review
3. Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan - Where do I start, oh yeah with a HOLY FUCK! Madeline is amazeballs and her writing is rough and raw and down right dirty…and I LOVE it! These books are not for the faint of heart, but they are a definite must read!
Undeniable –> Review
Unattainable –> Review
4. Fixed On You & Found in You by Laurelin Paige - This book was HOT! Amy and I both read this and did a dual chat review. Hudson and Alayna have such amazing chemistry! We will also be bringing a follow-up to you soon of the second book Found In You.
Fixed On You —> Review
Found in You–> Review
5. Promise Me Darkness by Paige Weaver - Finding love amidst a war, fighting your way home and to each other, struggling to survive…YES this book has it all, including some very steamy sex! I couldn’t put this one down, I was dying to know what would happen to everyone…and I will wait, anxiously, for the next three weeks until the second book, Promise Me Light, comes out
Promise Me Darkness –> Review
Promise Me Light —> Review
1. With Me in Seattle series By Kristen Proby - When you read a series over and over again, it is best to put it on your top 5. From the very first book in this series, Come Away with Me, you are introduced to most of the characters and you instantly fall in love with them all. Each book follows a hot and “schmexy” Montgomery. And boy are they smoking….Panty dropping reading! Kristen Proby can write a hot love scene that’s for damn sure! That get’s a Holla!!
Safe with Me–> Review
2. On Dublin Street series by Samantha Young - The talented Samantha Young. Her stories are some of my favorites. All set in Scotland, these hot Scots (Braden, Cam, Adam and more to come) are seriously intense. I read On Dublin Street twice in a row, same with Down London Road. No joke, I plan on buying a plane ticket to Scotland and find me a hot Scot!! But in all seriousness, her hot men are just as good as her hot woman. She writes strong female characters and for me that’s important.
On Dublin Street –> Click Here
Down London Road –> Click Here
3. Too Far Series By Abbi Glines - What’s not to say about Fallen, Never and Forever Too Far. You just fall in love with Rush and Blaire. And that song, I can’t stop singing that song, “and I have fallen……too far….. too far for uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!
Insert sigh!!!!!!!! God I love that man!! Click and buy!!
Fallen Too Far –> Click Here
Never Too Far –> Click Here
Forever Too Far –> Click Here
4. Strings and Beats By Kendall Grey - When I read the first couple of lines of the synopsis: WARNING Beats is specifically formulated for horndogs, porn oglers, smut peddlers, bdsm junkies etc I said to myself, Trish hells yeah you’re reading this! And she delivers exactly that. Hands down one of the best reads. Laughed my butt off and then needed a hot shower Holla!
Stinger –> Review
Finding Hart –> Review
Well there you have our lists of Must Read books. OF COURSE you should check Amy’s Must Reads , Jesey’s Must Reads Trish’s Must reads for more that maybe did reach out TOP 5 list, but still made us swoon and care enough to add it to that one!!
Keep it Schmexy!!