Title: Bring Me You (Never Over You Series Book #1)
Author: Ryleigh Andrews
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Day: December 5, 2014
Pro quarterback, Ethan Christopher thought he had found his home when he met rock musician, Mia Devereux. She was the welcomed distraction in his football-focused life.
Things may not have been perfect. Their individual careers made being together difficult. Her touring. His away schedule. As her success grew, they spent more extended periods apart.
But at the end of the day, he knew he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. Only her.
When Mia met Ethan, she felt a connection unlike any she’d ever felt. She gave him more of herself than she thought was even possible.
But she knew it wasn’t enough. There was a lot she didn’t share, couldn’t give him.
An event two decades in her past made sure of that.
Those demons that she’d so carefully tucked away wanted out. As Mia struggled with the stress of touring and being apart from Ethan, her defenses weakened, allowing the demons to fight their way to the surface, leaving her in a vulnerable place. A place where bad choices were made.
Choices that both of them will regret.
Can Mia and Ethan’s love survive her past? Or will if fall apart under the weight of her choices?
Sneak Peak inside the mind of Ryleigh Andrews
What inspired you to write Bring Me You?
The ending of Still Into You, the second book in the Never Over You series. I wish I could tell you the specifics of why, but that would be giving you the ending of my next novel. But basically I had this scene I had written and had to create a story and characters to get to that point.
Top 5 things you didn’t know about becoming a published author:
- I didn’t know that I would make the friends that I have in this process. Best thing ever.
- Writing a blurb is damn hard!
- Organization is important.
- How much I would be on social media
- How I would feel when someone said they loved your book. Freaking AWESOME feeling.
5 Reasons to love my main characters:
- They all have a sense of humor.
- They have real life issues.
- They are extremely loyal to their friends. Friends are family.
- They love with all that they have.
- They want a family … not just kids, but everything that word entails.
5 facts about Bring Me You:
- I started writing it in 2006 while I was pregnant. I took a break until 2012 when my son went to school full-time.
- This book has been complete for 2 years.
- I listened to a LOT of music writing this book.
- The first draft of this book looks completely different. It had a prologue…and an epilogue. ;)
- My car is where many of my “ah-ha” moments for this book came from, while I sat in traffic, listening to my music.
How do you make your characters believable
I try to make what they are going through relatable … their emotions, their situation. I want you to be able to easily imagine yourself in their shoes. That’s what I strive for.
Authors you admire:
This is the easy question. Mia Asher. M. Malone. CD Reiss…and of course, J.K. Rowling.
Five things you wouldn’t know about Ryleigh Andrews.
- I am a nerd. I love super heroes, Star Wars, technology.
- I may act like a teenager from time to time …
- I really do love Post-Its. Seriously. Best invention EVER! Screw sliced bread.
- I have small hands. It makes playing a guitar and piano VERY HARD!
- Six inches changed my life forever.
About the Author
During the day, Ryleigh is an analyst, but even then, she’s writing, sneakily crafting scenes on post-it notes. She’s been told she’s a bit of a geek…some say nerd. She’ll agree to it all. She loves music. It’s been a force in her life for as long as she can remember. Her love of Star Wars and superheroes has probably been going on just as long…see, this is where the geek/nerd thing comes into play. But, most of all, Ryleigh loves the written word. She’s been writing for a long time. Her first story came to her during one of her history classes. She wrote it in the margins of her notebook in teeny tiny letters so no one knew that she was writing a book instead of taking notes on 16th Century Europe. She currently lives in Chicago, Illinois, with her husband and son, along with her Siberian Husky, Mick Jagger, and her cat, Winston Churchill.
Connect with Ryleigh Andrews